Fit Dog Home Evaluation
An evaluation for injury prevention!
A unique, do-it-yourself, at-home evaluation to develop an action plan for your dog's fitness, health and performance!
If you have a sports dog and you want to determine the following:
- Your dog’s starting point in the canine gym and their knowledge of various foundation behaviours.
- If your dog is well-balanced or has weaknesses or preferred movement patterns.
- If your dog is aligned and utilizes the left and right sides of their body evenly.
- Your dog’s baseline fitness score can be measured and tracked over time in your canine fitness journey!
Then you'll want to get your hands on our brand-new Fit Dog Home Evaluation (FDHE). We created this evaluation at McIntyre Canine Rehabilitation to help you evaluate the following on your dog:
1. Body condition score
2. Ability to find a natural stack position
5. Front limb leg preference
6. Hind limb leg preference
7. Impulse control
This is your dog’s baseline evaluation from which you will gather further insight into their strengths, weaknesses and foundation behaviours. Knowledge is power! It is hard to compare data on how our dogs move over time if we don’t have any data to compare it with! By completing this evaluation, you are one step closer to developing an action plan to help your dog improve their fitness, health, and performance.
Understanding your dog’s preferred movement patterns can also help minimize future compensation patterns and injuries.